Hi! You’re here!
Thank you so much for looking me up. And now the awkward “tell me about yourself” section. Here goes!
I’m a family photographer in Brooklyn, NY. I take photos of newborns, babies, toddlers, kids and the tall people they come with. I have two kiddos of my own and no pet dog at the moment. Which is something I hear about from my oldest – EVERY DAY.
I was voted best smile in high school, despite having knocked out my front tooth playing flag football in the fifth grade. I was also voted most dramatic - interpret as you will.
Things I WILL NOT do at a photo session:
- Ask your kids to smile.
- Expect them to cooperate or be on their best behavior.
- Think your apartment is messy, cluttered, or too small.
- Expect you to do anything but put some clothes on and show up.
Things I WILL do:
- Get your kids to smile.
- Run around like a crazy person, dance with abandon, make faces & moo like a cow.
- Go nuts over your newborn.
- Encourage lots of play, even a little naughtiness.
- Embrace messy hair, fingers in noses and mismatched shoes.
Maybe you’re here because you’re looking for a “lifestyle” photographer or a photographer with a “documentary” approach. Maybe you just want to look at photos that make you happy. That’s what I’m after. That’s what I try to shoot.
Speaking of the shoot, session lengths are about an hour (two-three for newborns) and can take place at your home, at an outdoor location, or both.
Sometimes things go wrong. There are meltdowns, sicknesses and weather shenanigans. We'll work around these and reschedule if it makes sense. No stress.
And here are some features and interviews:
- Best Newborn Photographers in New York | Expertise.com | Jan 2018
- 30 Things to do in NYC Before Baby's 1st Birthday | Mommy Nearest | Sept 2017
- Best Family Photographers in NYC Feature | Mommy Nearest | May 2017
- Spotlight Interview: Week 50 | Shoot Along | Dec 2016
- Hot Shot Feature | Red Tricycle | Oct 2016
- Podcast Interview: Ep. 23 | Women Killing It | Sept 2016
- Newborn Feature | Lemonade and Lenses | Mar 2016
- Session Spotlight | Everything Bloom | Mar 2016
- Family Blog Feature | 100 Layer Cakelet | Jan 2016